Who doesn’t love a good binge!
Why not watch the same documentary, film or series as a group of friends all at the same whilst socially distancing yourselves; then include some time after viewing to have a conversation about what you watched over a web conference.
The movie you watch MUST meet the age rating for the youngest person watching (i.e. If you watch a 12A, everyone must be over 12).
- When will you share this activity?
- What streaming service do you all have? (Netflix, Prime, iPlayer, SkyGo,)
- Where will you share your conversation after the programme? (Skype, Zoom or Google Hangout.)
- What non-Scout friends could you invite to share in the viewing and conversation.
- To make the conversation worthwhile, take some time to read up on the programme itself.
- Watch the programme.
- Share some respectful and engaged conversation about what you watched.
- Talk about what Scouting values you could see was either there or absent in the programme.
- Programmes have the potential to inspire all kinds of great new Adventures, from rewarding service projects to challenging outdoor expeditions. How could you respond to what happened in the programme as a group?
Movies, including documentaries, have the potential to include graphic or offensive material. As a group, agree on a movie that everyone is comfortable seeing.