This page was updated on: 06 October 2020.
All face-to-face Scout meetings, activities and events were suspended from Tuesday, 17 March 2020, due to the coronavirus pandemic. We are now making plans to return to face-to-face Scouting safely, and in a staged manner.
You can find out the status of individual groups on our group readiness page.
We will continue to follow official guidance; the safety of everyone involved in Scouts, both young people and adults, is our number one priority. That is always at the heart of our decision making.
Information for Parents
Guidance for parents about how your local Group may be approaching their Scouts activities
Quick Reference Guide
A simple guide to returning to face-to-face Scouting, giving you an overview of the process, along with links to further details.
Templates, Guidelines & Resources
Templates and resources to help you with risk assessments, action plans and activity planning. Remember there are also the Scouting At Home resources to help you with programme planning.
Group Status Information
Current Eden District Readiness Status:
Youth sector activity is permitted where groups and units follow Scouts restart guidance, which is in line with COVID-secure NYA guidance standards:
- Indoor activities are allowed, but outdoor activities are preferred and should be encouraged
- Up to 15 young people and up to five leaders (carers can be in addition and will not be counted in these numbers) can meet in a group – this applies both indoors and outdoors. Leaders can also include Young Leaders.
- Young people must stay in their limited group size but adults are able to move between these groups, i.e. across the 25m spacing if outdoors or to a section meeting at a different time on the same day.
- Leaders don’t need to wear a face covering when delivering activities – however, it’s recommended to wear one in all other circumstances while indoors.
- Scouts and Explorers must wear face coverings indoors. Exceptions as per national guidelines are permitted.
All young people in all sections must continue to social distance by 2m from each other where possible and from adult volunteers at all times.
Current UK Advice
Please use the buttons below to navigate to all the relevant advice and information regarding COVID19/Coronavirus.