Eden Together is a 12 month project, starting in September 2021 with an Eden Skills Day to launch the project.
The Skills Day will be followed by a series of nine “Pop up” events to continue to focus on skills to help our leaders develop and improve their Scouting provision across Eden.
The sessions will cover:
- Biking in scouting
- Taking the scouts onto the hills and mountains
- Maximising the opportunity to utilise canoes
- Bushcraft for all levels in scouting
- Bringing your programme into the outdoors
- Supporting the mental health and wellbeing of young people
- Achieving your nights away permit
- Centering you programme around young people's development
- Managing your group to maximum effect
In addition, we will be running a residential young leader training weekend for all the Explorers Scouts in the district. We will encourage and equip them to develop their leadership skills and make a real and vital contribution to the younger sections.
Apart from the Explorer residential all the other sessions will be run over a day or evening(s) to maximise accessibility for busy volunteers.
Eden Together will offer a number of volunteer engagement activities over the year, enabling all our leaders to feel a part of the Scouting community in Eden and create a platform for the recruitment of more volunteers.
- Bring people together to establish and re-establish relationships
- Encourage networking to share ideas
- Use the community to build mental strength and well being
- Learn from other volunteers
- Demonstrate the value of all volunteers
- Refresh skills
- Develop new skills
Eden Together will benefit young people in Eden by:
- Providing increased opportunities to engage in activities
- Building resilience and well being
- Gaining Scout awards
- Developing additional skills
- Allowing more young people to take part
Eden Together Skills Day
9th Oct 21
Thank you to everyone who came along to the event! Please find resources below
Volunteering at Scouts is a two- way street – it's good for young people, and good for you too. The Eden Together Skills Day was your chance to gain new skills, take part in new activities, make new friends and catch up with old ones. It is an all day event, focused on giving you support for your role, developing outdoor skills and encouraging networking.
This event has been funded in part by The Police and Crime Commissioner for Cumbria, Cumbria Community Foundation, Abbeyfield Carlisle Society Community First Fund, Eden District Scouts and others.