I hope you are all well, and managing OK given the current coronavirus pandemic and changes in the way we are living currently. We will be adding elements over the next few weeks, but essentially we will aim to continue Scouting in the following ways:
- Enable young people to carry on completing activities and badgework
- Meet up for 'virtual' section meetings
- Taking part in District activities
This page will help to support you in delivering Scouting at Home, along with some ideas for things you could also do!
We are hoping to implement a number of initiatives:
- Cheer Me Up 100 Challenge - 100 silly and fun challenges created by one of our Cub Leaders.
- Badge Competition - To get our young people to design a badge for the Cheer Me Up 100 Challenge
- Promoting The Great Indoors & National/International Events
- Virtual Meetings; through the use of Online Scout Manager & Microsoft Teams. We are hoping to support its implementation through tutorials and support materials
- Support and guidance on administration matters - such as subscriptions and DBS processing.
- Supporting the implementation of other digital tools, such as Office 365 and Badges at Home.
1st Digital Scouts
Every week we provide a digital programme for young people aged 6 - 18, giving them the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to excel.
Delivering the programme over Zoom can be hard work, so we’ve put together videos to help.
Talking about Coronavirus
It’s important to address what’s happened when Scouts meetings start again. This resource includes information about bereavement support.
Zoom Booking Form
Use this form to book Zoom sessions in the 'Eden Zoom Rooms'.
Digital Scouts: Online Platform Information
A comparison of the various digital platforms that exist, along with safety and safeguarding considerations.
Virtual programme support webinars
A great series of webinars/video recordings about how you can provide Scouting at Home.
Online Safety & Safeguarding
When Scouting is done in any form, including online, it is important to ensure we keep our young people safe. We have summarised the guidance here.
Microsoft Teams Support
Learn how to use Microsoft Teams with your section!
Microsoft Office 365 Support
Learn more about the benefits of Office 365 for Non-profits!
A secure messaging app, much like WhatsApp, but allows you to keep your number private Use it to communicate with parents or others from across the District. Just ask the DC for the codes to join the district groups!
Online Scout Manager Support
Get to know the Programmes at Home, and Badges at Home Features
Leaders at Home: Activities
Some activities for you to do at home! We will aim to keep these updated regularly!