I hope you are all well, and managing OK given the current coronavirus pandemic and changes in the way we are living currently. We will be adding elements over the next few weeks, but essentially we will aim to continue Scouting in the following ways:
- Enable young people to carry on completing activities and badgework
- Meet up for 'virtual' section meetings
- Taking part in District activities
This page will help to support you in delivering Scouting at Home, along with some ideas for things you could also do!
We are hoping to implement a number of initiatives:
- Cheer Me Up 100 Challenge - 100 silly and fun challenges created by one of our Cub Leaders.
- Badge Competition - To get our young people to design a badge for the Cheer Me Up 100 Challenge
- Promoting The Great Indoors & National/International Events
- Virtual Meetings; through the use of Online Scout Manager & Microsoft Teams. We are hoping to support its implementation through tutorials and support materials
- Support and guidance on administration matters - such as subscriptions and DBS processing.
- Supporting the implementation of other digital tools, such as Office 365 and Badges at Home.
Online Safety & Safeguarding
When Scouting is done in any form, including online, it is important to ensure we keep our young people safe. We have summarised the guidance here.
Online Scout Manager Support
Get to know the Programmes at Home, and Badges at Home Features
Microsoft Office 365 Support
Learn more about the benefits of Office 365 for Non-profits!
Microsoft Teams Support
Learn how to use Microsoft Teams with your section!
A secure messaging app, much like WhatsApp, but allows you to keep your number private Use it to communicate with parents or others from across the District. Just ask the DC for the codes to join the district groups!
Leaders at Home: Activities
Some activities for you to do at home! We will add a new one every week!